Lose 10 lbs in 35 days.
That's 2 lbs a week.
5 weeks total.
I don't usually like to put a number on a fitness goal but sometimes you need that # to kick you in the butt & keep you motivated. However, I know myself & I know that I'll beat myself up if I don't get to that 10 lb goal, so for me - I'm going to have to work hard to keep a positive attitude. If I only lose 8 lbs instead of 10 - that's still great & better than losing 0!
What is motivating me?
- I want to feel confident. I want to feel positive about myself. I want to feel good when I put on an article of clothing.
- I want to be healthy. I'm not doing this just so I can say "look at me, I only weigh such & such". I'm doing it so I can live long, be healthy & teach my future kids to be healthy.
- To get out & do more. One of my 2013 goals is to live life more & I think being fit and active coincides with that goal. If I'm fit & healthy, I can do more. Sign up to run a 10k? Sure, I'm healthy enough to do that. Go on a long hike w/ lots of hills? Sure, I'm fit enough to do that. You get the idea. =)
- Two of my best friends are getting married soon & dang it, I want to look good at their weddings!
- My boyfriend is a huge motivator. He is there with me through all my ups & downs and he knows that I need to get healthier for our future together. =)
What is my plan?
- Workout 3-4 times a week (if I go more, even better!)
- Choose a healthier dish when eating out instead of say, a fatty dish of pasta
- Choose water instead of soda. I only ever have water at home, it's when I go out that I have a problem. So I need to make a conscious decision to choose water instead of soda while out.
- Going along with the above, I'd like to drink more water each day.
- Get in bed earlier to help me unwind & fall asleep sooner than I do now.
So, are you ready to accept the challenge? Bree has created a Facebook page and she'll be posting updates there as well as on her blog. I'll be co-hosting this challenge so expect updates from me as well!
February 11th will be the big link-up where we all share our success stories! =)
Now grab the button & get moving!
<div align="center"><a href="http://www.thethingaboutjoy.com/p/10in35.html" title="The Thing About Joy"><img src="http://i1266.photobucket.com/albums/jj538/breepair/button_zps76ac2e94.jpg" alt="The Thing About Joy" style="border:none;" /></a></div>